Family Home Wednesdays

Mack works on Monday nights till midnight, and then Tuesday nights he has class till 9. So our Family Home Evening, is on Wednesdays now. So last night (Wednesday night) we decided that it was high time for some family time. Has anyone else noticed how stinkin cool it is that when you're married any time spent with your main squeeze is now considered "family time"? I'm up for that.
So last night we had a yummy free dinner, thanks to the BYU grad program welcoming committee, and then we went to the temple and attended a session. We love temple dates. They help us to find peace and center and help us to refocus on what matters most in life, both personally and as a married couple. The temple is s place of such solace, and the spirit there is unparalleled. Before I went through and received my endowments, I always looked forward to the temple and I knew that no matter what happened in there that it was of God. I was filled with so much peace and comfort the first time I went through, it was more sacred and beautiful than I could have ever imagined. And nothing is sweeter than being there and seeing my sweet eternal companion standing worthily beside me, setting such a strong example of faith.
After the temple, we got some huge dranks (mine was of course diet coke with a shot of vanilla, thanks, Maverick). And then we returned to our little house for some much needed snuggie time.
Whenever I'm freaking out, Mack always knows just what I need, and most of the time it's either food, another diet coke, or going to the temple. And last night I got all 3 and slipped into a peaceful, stress-free coma. The temple is the place to go whenever your soul is tired and you need the solace that only God can provide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Authors

We are Mack and Lauren.
Not too long ago we met, fell in love, and got married.
This is what happened after.